Tuesday 24 April 2012

Happy Birthday to ya


It's here people. It's finally here. 40 and ready to rock n roll! The list is already in full effect. Invitations have been written and sent and replied to.
This is now starting to get quite surreal. There are people I know who dread this age, but out there in the blogsphere - there are so many women embracing the 4-0. And why not? I look at the trendy teens tottering out there leacherous London nightclubs and I heave a sigh of relief. Honestly, I do.

Look I've had plenty of nights out on the tiles, and I dare say I still have a few more left in me. But the worst feeling is to be stood in a sticky floored disco, not knowing any of the words to one single song, and bouncing surreptitiously in the corner. I have accepted I may like the occasional top 10 single...shoot...download, but I haven't got a scooby who may have sung it or what they look like. And I don't care. Do you know how good Duran Duran's 'Rio' still sounds at top volume in your car on the way home from work? If you ever feel that your youthful vigour is a thing of the past, whack in Hits of the 80s or better still, put an LP on the dusty turntable, and the fancy footwork will come flooding back.


I have decided this is a year to reminisce and love all that my childhood flock wallpaper '70s was, revel in the batwinged '80s and relax about my hedonistic '90s. I'm alive and well, I have an interesting job, the most supportive friends, my family are wonderful and everyday brings a challenge. This life is far from perfect, but who's life is? I intend to remain excited about what the future has to bring. And it all starts here. Oh man, I'm crying now...hormones...It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment